We strongly believe that we as Africans have a unique contribution to make here in Canada. In the past, our voice has not been unified and we have not been able to successfully and consistently leverage our numbers and our strengths to support our elders, our youth and those who are struggling. We know we can do better.
The main activities of this project are:
- Help identify and organize all active African Associations, community, country and regional groups across Canada.
- Help groups connect with one another, leading to exchange of ideas, successes and challenges, networking and celebrations.
- Initiate a national conversation around issues of common interest to African communities in Canada, and find a way to speak with one voice on issues that matter most to us.
- Engage a team of community leaders who will direct and manage the growth of this project.
- After the database has been collected, an email will be sent to everyone on the list indicating it has been done. At this point, selective conversations will happen at regional levels (with your input) to start discussing next steps.
There is so much we can accomplish together. We are not here to start something new. We are here to bring people working hard together to create a unified front to support our community’s success.